Saturday 27 December 2014

[Wedding] A Wedding with Two Dresses, Mrs and Mrs Cook-Roy, Waterton Park Hotel

On Satuday 20th I had the pleasure of photographing Nicola & Sarah’s beautiful Wedding at Waterton Park. My last Wedding of the year.


I first met both Sarah & Nicola at one of the Wedding Exhibitions at Waterton Park, so I was happy when they wanted to meet up again, and go on to book me.



Both girls were getting ready in the rooms next door to each other, both with their 3 bridesmaids and 1 flowergirl. Teaming up to make two gorgeous flower girls and 6 bridesmaids who wore some beautiful Navy dresses.


Neither of them knew what the other one was wearing either which was fab, although, I did get lots of questions asked when I was popping between both rooms! 





Both Sarah, and Nic, were given away by their Dads – and it was lovely to be part of one of mine, and Waterton Parks first same-sex marriage. I have photographed a Civil Partnership before – but it was nice to hear the same words being used this time.


It was bitterly cold, so we headed over the Island before we started with group photographs. We did a big group shot infront of Walton Hall before we headed around the side of the building for smaller shots – especially as it wasn’t half as windy there!



I am sure you will admit that both of the girls looked absolutely stunning, and their dresses complimented each other.


We headed back over the bridge to the Waterton Park Hotel side for the Wedding Reception and speeches. Nicola gave a speech, along with both Dads and Sarah’s twin sister (although she cried like she thought she would!)



These girls are both lovely dearly by their families and Nicola’s dad made me laugh during his speech. But he jokingly reminded people that they’d not been to a “Gay Wedding” they’d just simply been to a Wedding – where two people who are in love – committed themselves to each other.


I am so glad that I was able to share their special day, especially for my last Wedding of 2014. Its been a blast! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics